If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I’m sure you’re wondering what the heck Greek yogurt is doing in these ingredients. Trust me on this one. It adds such a creamy, lush, buttermilk tang to the pancakes that it will make your heart do flip-flops. You could use buttermilk instead, but the Greek yogurt is healthier, full of probiotics, and lower in saturated fat. I’m all about comfort food, but I want to live to enjoy it, folks. These pancakes freeze beautifully, too. Make them all and squirrel the extras away for another day. Perfect way to stretch your pennies, eat healthy, and still feel comfort and love.
*Adapted from The Cookworks, "The Best of the Brunch" —Writes & Bites
Serves 4 to 6
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 12 ounces plain Greek yogurt (approx. 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup melted unsalted butter, plus more for cooking
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- Whipped cream and maple syrup
- In a large bowl sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs with the yogurt, milk, and melted butter.
- Combine the dry and the wet ingredients into a lumpy batter, being careful not to over mix. The batter will be thicker than a normal pancake batter, but if it’s too thick, add a bit more milk. Fold in the blueberries. Stir gently!
- Heat some butter in a skillet or on a griddle over medium heat. Spoon ? cup of batter into the skillet. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side until golden brown and batter is no longer runny.
- Serve with a dollop of whipped cream (optional) and maple syrup.
- NOTE: The most critical part of making the pancakes is stirring the batter. Stir it gently and only until it’s mixed. Don’t over stir or mix vigorously It will result in dense, flat pancakes which isn’t a good thing. Last thing you want is a hockey puck for dinner. These pancakes are light, luscious fluffy ones.
In Queso Were Wondering
Cashews are the mvp of vegan ingredients
This queso is nuts.
Keep your bubbly bubbly.
Meet 2015's best sellers.
Our guide to the Eastern Shore.
Get your shine on.