If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Short ribs are cooked long and slow in a mixture of chocolate stout, beef stock and balsamic glaze. —Foodness Gracious
- 1 1/2 pounds beef short ribs
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1 12oz bottle of chocolate stout
- 1/2 balsamic glaze
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1/4 salt
- 1/4 crushed black pepper
- 8 mini hamburger buns
- 1/2 pound creamy blue cheese
- Preheat the oven to 275 degrees. Heat a heavy pot or dutch oven over a high heat.
- Season the ribs with salt and pepper and sear in the pot for about three minutes on each side.
- Add the stock, beer, balsamic and rosemary to the pot. Put the lid on top and place in the middle of the oven.
- Cook for about three hours checking at the 2 1/2 hour mark for a sharp knife being able to pierce the meatiest part of the ribs. It should go in like it was butter.
- Once the ribs are cooked, transfer them to a plate and cover with foil.
- Pass the pot liquid through a sieve into a saucepan. Reduce on a high heat until about two cups are left. Taste and season with salt and pepper if you need it.
- Using your hands break the meat into chunks and place them back into the saucepan to warm through.
- Take a mini bun and place some meat onto the bun, pour some sauce over and top with a slice of blue cheese.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Beer
Welcome to the Winner's Circle
Your Best Non-Dairy Frozen Dessert
Welcome to the winner's circle.
Recipe of the Day
Your poolside essentials.
Dessert before dinner.