Author Notes: Raita is a condiment which is served as sauce or dip in Indian households. The most popular Raita is made with cucumber. But, it is not limited to make it that way. In my home, we usually love onion/tomato raita , pineapple raita or pomegranate raita. There are different recipes of raita, some prefer spices or some fresh green chillies/ginger. Our family kind of likes a simple roasted cumin raita especially if it is a fruity one. - PistachioDoughnut
Makes 1 pint of jar
- 1 cup Plain Yogurt
- 1.5 teaspoons Roasted ground cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- pinches Chaat masala
- pinches Pomegranate powder (optional)
- Salt to taste
- pinches Sugar
- 1 cup or more fresh Pomegranate arils
- handfuls chopped fresh mint leaves or coriander leaves
- Take the yogurt and all the other dry ingredients and whisk everything nicely and let the yogurt be smooth , add 2 tbsp of water to make it slightly smoother.
- Add the pomegranate arils and mix well. Garnish it with chopped mint leaves, some pomegranate and sprinkle just a dash of pomegranate powder. Serve chilled.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Portable Side