If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is an update of a classic Cajun dish. Grits are traditionally used, but this uses oats cooked in Bock beer. - Greg Fontenot
- 3 cups Bock beer
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- 1 cup grated smoked Gouda
- 8 ounces andouille sausage
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 1/2 pounds cleaned shrimp, (25-30 count)
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Bring beer to a boil with salt. Add oatmeal and cook with stirring over medium heat until tender, 5 minutes.
- Mix in cream with cheese and chopped sausage stirring until cheese melts and cream in incorporated.
- Heat olive oil with butter in a sauté pan. Add onions and cook until tender, 5-6 minutes. Stir in garlic and green onions cooking 5 more minutes.
- Mix in tomatoes and sauté until liquid reduces. Stir in shrimp and sauté until pink.
- Finish with hot sauce and lemon juice cooking an additional 1 minute.
- Serve shrimp over cheese and sausage beer oats.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Beer