If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love hot toddies, especially hot buttered rum. This is a twist on that delicious drink using ale, a splash of brandy, browned butter and spices. - sdebrango
Food52 Review: Flavorful and rich, creamy and warming, sweet and spiced just enough to mellow the bitterness of ale, this drink is a special treat. The splash of brandy definitely adds a wonderfully boozy touch. Sipping this drink will give you that warm cozy felling on chilly winter days. - Kukla
- 12 ounces ale of your choice
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, browned
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- splashes brandy (about 1 tablespoon) per glass
- 1 Cinnamon stick for garnish
- Add butter to small saucepan and melt on medium heat. Cook until butter becomes a light brown and has a slightly nutty smell (approximately 3 minutes). Reduce heat to low and add brown sugar and spices -- cook until brown sugar is dissolved and the mixture is paste-like. Scrape into small bowl or ramekin and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Add the ale to the same saucepan and heat on medium until hot. Spoon two tablespoonds of the spiced butter mixture in serving glass, pour hot ale into glass and add a splash of brandy (about 1 or 2 tablespoons) and stir. Garnish with cinnamon stick.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Beer
Each Peach Pear Plum
Poetry for your market basket.
Poems for your fridge.
Wine to go, without the box.
Go play outside!
Make your houseplants do double duty.