If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Using NY States Chatam Brewery Porter, this chocolate frozen dessert with delight and surprise you. I make and sell vegan frozen desserts at farmers markets in the Hudson Valley. One of my vendor friends is Chatam Brewery. Doug Breakstone came to me and said, "we need vanilla ice cream to sell with our super creamy root beer to make root beer floats, can you do it?" I said sure, but it will be vanilla sorbet." He came back to my table with a 1 quart growler of Porter and said, "here make something with this." And Chocolate Porter Sorbet was born. I love Chatam Brewery! - james spica
Makes 12 4oz. servings
- 3 cups porter beer
- 1 pint Thai Kitchen organic coconut milk
- 3.5 ounces 1Green&Blacks organic 70% chocolate bar
- 3 tablespoons Rapunzle organic coco powder
- 1 cup Wholesome Sweetener's Raw Organic Agave
- 1 cup water, mixed with the agave to make a simple syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Frontier organic vanilla extract
- leave beer out on the counter over night until almost flat. if you want the flavor without the alcohol, simmer the beer on low/medium flame for 20 minutes. mix in Vitamix until blended smooth.
- pour into Cusinart ice cream maker ( the one with the built-in compressor if possible) and freeze. I'm using a Paco-jet, but that is way beyond whats necessary
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Beer
Why the Simplest Recipes Are Still Worthwhile
Cheer up with chickpeas.
Goya's Balsamic Chickpea Salad
The sun is out: Are you?
It's Snack Time
Gifts for Mother's Day
Good day, sunshine.