Author Notes: I am a lightweight when it comes to drinking so am always looking for ways of adding flavor to a cocktail without adding extra alcohol. This tincture adds a gin like flavor without the boozie consequences of gin. - Loving Cup
Makes about 15 drinks
- 3/4 ounces crushed juniper berries
- 1 teaspoon lavender flowers
- 1/2 cup Everclear neutral grain spirit or 1 cup of hot water for simple syrup
- Crush your juniper berries in a pestle and mortar to better release their oils, add them to a screw top container such as a mason jar with the lavender and Everclear
- screw on the lid and give a good shake. Store in a warm dark pace for about a week, give a good shake once a day until your week is up. if making the juniper simple syrup, add ingredients to a small pan and simmer for about 15 minutes, take off heat and and let sit covered for a couple of hours.
- Strain both versions through a coffee filter so you are just left with the infused liquid. For the tincture store in an airtight container and use a dropper to add to your drinks. For the juniper syrup add 1 cup cane sugar to liquid and allow to dissolve, store in an airtight container in the fridge, last for up to 2 weeks. add to your favorite lemonade or ice tea recipes