If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I am a lightweight when it comes to drinking so am always looking for ways of adding flavor to a cocktail without adding extra alcohol. This tincture adds a gin like flavor without the boozie consequences of gin. —Loving Cup
Makes about 15 drinks
- 3/4 ounce crushed juniper berries
- 1 teaspoon lavender flowers
- 1/2 cup Everclear neutral grain spirit or 1 cup of hot water for simple syrup
- Crush your juniper berries in a pestle and mortar to better release their oils, add them to a screw top container such as a mason jar with the lavender and Everclear
- screw on the lid and give a good shake. Store in a warm dark pace for about a week, give a good shake once a day until your week is up. if making the juniper simple syrup, add ingredients to a small pan and simmer for about 15 minutes, take off heat and and let sit covered for a couple of hours.
- Strain both versions through a coffee filter so you are just left with the infused liquid. For the tincture store in an airtight container and use a dropper to add to your drinks. For the juniper syrup add 1 cup cane sugar to liquid and allow to dissolve, store in an airtight container in the fridge, last for up to 2 weeks. add to your favorite lemonade or ice tea recipes
More Great Recipes: Boozy Drinks
In Queso Were Wondering
Cashews are the mvp of vegan ingredients
This queso is nuts.
Keep your bubbly bubbly.
Alice Waters's favorite tools.
Our guide to the Eastern Shore.
Get your shine on.