If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: We had a snow day that turned out to be not so snowy thus the title Fake Snow Day Baked Beans. The beans are very real, however, simple and delicious. Give them lots of time to bake in the slow oven for best flavor and texture. —SusanMurie
- 2 cups dried navy beans, soaked overnight
- 1 cup chopped white onion
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2-4 tablespoons olive oil (more gives a richer taste)
- 1 tablespoon chipotle chili in adobo sauce, smooshed
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2-3 dashes Liquid Smoke
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt (adjust to your taste)
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- Pre-heat oven to 250 degrees. Place drained beans into an ovenproof pot or casserole dish with a lid.
- In a pan on medium heat, saute onion in olive oil until soft. Add paprika, chipotle, and black pepper. Cook 30 seconds.
- Add to beans along with water, brown sugar, ground cloves, mustard, Liquid Smoke and salt. Taste liquid for seasoning and adjust salt and pepper to taste if needed.
- Bake covered in the oven for 5 hours at 250 degrees. Check and see if you need to add any water along the way. Beans should be very soft, caramelized and absorbed all the flavors.
You Pinned, We Listened
This Month's Top 10 Pinterest Recipes
This month's most pinned recipes.
Independence Day, the no-recipe way.
Free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
Just for the halibut.
Savor the season.