If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it
Author Notes: I love making these at least once a week as they refrigerate really well and are delicious hot or cold. They are quick and easy to make and are perfect for the lunch box or even as a party snack. - Sandra Ramacher
- 1 cup pumpkin - peeled and diced
- 1 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 3/4 cups leeks - chopped
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 clove garlic
- 10 eggs
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese - grated
- 1/3 cup french cream or cream
- salt & pepper to taste
- Dice pumpkin into 1 cm/½ inch pieces, place in pot, cover and steam in a small amount of water about 10 minutes until they start to soften.
- Drain and set aside.
- Heat the butter in a small skillet and add the chopped leeks. Stir and sauté about 2 minutes - until the leeks start to wilt.
- Add the honey and garlic, and cook, stirring for 3 – 4 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the eggs, parmesan and french creamˆ, and mix well.
- Add the pumpkin and leeks, and season to taste.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared muffin tin and bake for 30 – 40 minutes until the tops of the pies feel firm.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes before removing from the moulds.
- Serve at room temperature or cold. Refrigerate in an airtight container.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Leeks