Author Notes: I love making these at least once a week as they refrigerate really well and are delicious hot or cold. They are quick and easy to make and are perfect for the lunch box or even as a party snack. - Sandra Ramacher
- 3/4 cups leeks
- 1 cup cup fresh pumpkin, peeled and diced
- 1 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Dice pumpkin into 1 cm/½ inch pieces, place in pot, cover and steam in a small amount of water about 10 minutes until they start to soften. Don't mash the pumpkin, just keep them diced.
- Drain and set aside.
- Add the honey and garlic, and cook, stirring for 3 – 4 minutes.
- Add the pumpkin and leeks, and season to taste.
- Oil a six whole deep muffin tin and line with baking paper and pour in the egg mixture. Then place in the oven at 180C/350F for about 30-40 minutes, until the pies feel firm to the touch.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes before removing from the moulds.
- Serve at room temperature or cold. Refrigerate in an airtight container.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Leeks