If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Apples, Cherries and Almond Meal add a healthy kick to these hearty muffins. The pear and slivered almonds on top make them that much more delicious and fulfilling for breakfast —Amy Stafford @ A Healthy Life For Me
- 1 1/4 cups self-rising flour
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup +2 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 3/4 cup sour cream or plain yogurt (I used light sour cream)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract or DAVE's vanilla & coffee syrup
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest, zest from 1/2 lemon
- 1 apple, peeled, cored, cut into 1/4" dice
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1 pear, peeled, cored, cut into 1/4" dice
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sliced blanched almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line 12 cup muffin tin with liners and spray with baking spray. Line a tray with almond slices and sit in oven for 4-5 minutes until almonds are just starting to toast, but not brown. Remove pan and let cool.
- Place flour, almond meal, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt in a bowl and mix well to combine. Set aside
- In a mixer beat 1/2 cup of the butter and sugar until creamed. Add one egg at a time until mixed. Scrape down sides of mixer and add sour cream, zest and vanilla blend.
- Add flour ingredients and mix until just blended (do not over-mix) Remove bowl from mixer and by hand add apple and cherries, mixing.
- Spoon mixture into each cup filling about 2/3 of the way.
- In a small bowl combine, pear, brown sugar, 2 tablespoons of butter and almonds and combine. Place on top of each muffin.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the center of a muffin comes out clean.
Make Fruit Caramel
A case for blending your plums
Blend your plums—seriously.
Burnt Toast: Episode 11
It's time to travel.
You need to make this Indian spice mix.
Off to market.