Author Notes: Creamy, surprisingly simple and seriously decadent! - TheGirlyGirlCooks
- 1 teaspoon Unflavored Gelatin Powder
- 1-1/2 tablespoon Cold Water
- 1-1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- 6 tablespoons White Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup Vanilla Bean Yogurt
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Bean Paste
- 1 pint fresh Strawberries-sliced
- 1 tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoon White Granulated Sugar
- In a small bowl, sprinkle 1 tsp of gelatin powder onto 1-1/2 tbsp cold water. Stir to combine and set aside until dissolved, 10 minutes.
- In a bowl, stir to combine 3/4 cup heavy cream, yogurt, and vanilla bean paste. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, heat the remaining 3/4 cup heavy cream with the 6 tbsp of sugar. Bring the cream to a simmer over medium heat. Once simmering, remove the saucepan from heat and add in the gelatin from the small bowl and stir to incorporate and dissolve.
- Pour the hot cream mixture into the cold cream-yogurt mixture and stir to combine. Pour evenly into 4 small ramekins and place in the refrigerator to chill. Once chilled, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- 1 hour before serving the dessert, slice 1 pint of strawberries and place them in a bowl. Combine the strawberries with 1 tbsp of Balsamic Vinegar and 1-1/2 tsp of sugar. Gently stir to combine so that the strawberries soak up all the juices and flavors.
- When you are ready to serve, run a butter knife around each dessert in the ramekin and dip the bottom of ramekin into a bowl of hot water. This will loosen the panna cotta from the ramekin and allow it to easy release. Invert each ramkin onto small individual serving plates. The panna cotta should easily release onto the plate, but you may have to help it out and jiggle a little bit. Surround the panna cotta with the balsamic glazed strawberries and serve!