If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Joining a CSA is basically like putting yourself through a series of Top Chef-esque quick fire challenges. Each week, you pick up a mystery grab back of vegetables and then have to figure out how to use them before they turn, which often sooner than we're accustomed to compared to their heartier (but less flavorful) grocery store counterparts. I've started leaning heavily on a few standard preparations that are really flexible when it comes to the ingredients, and hash is a perfect example of this: it's infinitely variable, hearty, and really hard to screw up. —cestmoiangier
- 4 Eggs
- 1 Leek
- 10-15 Brussels Sprouts, thinly sliced
- 5-6 Kale leaves, stems removed and sliced thinly
- 4 Bacon slices
- 1 cup Potatoes, diced
- 1 Lemon
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- Prep all of your vegetables (slicing, dicing, etc.)
- Fill a sauce pan with water and bring to a boil for the eggs. I like to "pre-poach" the eggs to make it a little bit easier, there is a great tutorial for it here: http://www.thekitchn.com/brunch-for-a-crowd-poach-eggs-112863
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crispy. Remove from pan, turn heat down to low and allow pan to cool slight for about 2 minutes.
- Add olive oil to the pan, followed by leeks and potatoes, stirring them so they are mixed and coated with the oil. Stir often to avoid burning, cooking until leeks are soft and the potatoes can be pierced with a fork.
- Add brussels sprout slices, cook for an additional 5 minutes. During this time, chop up your bacon into small pieces.
- Add kale and bacon, cook until the kale is just starting to wilt and remove the pan from the heat. Add a few squeezes of lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste. Top with the poached eggs and enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Leeks
You Pinned, We Listened
This Month's Top 10 Pinterest Recipes
This month's most pinned recipes.
Food blog links we love.
7 food-filled honeymoons.
The best camping foods.
Savor the season.