If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: After becoming obsessed with Sanfte-Pistazie, a German brand of pistachio nutella, I was determined to recreate this green little monster of a spread myself. Inspired by both BraveTart and Elizabeth Minchilli's versions, I tried to keep this recipe simple in execution but bold with flavor. The cardamom adds a hint of warmth which I love especially during the holiday time. The nutella keeps well in the fridge for atleast a month, but try to bring it closer to room temperature before spreading it on a hot buttered toast. —Madhuri Sharma
Food52 Review: WHO: Madhuri Sharma is a culinary arts student and media producer living in New York.
WHAT: A sweet, nutty spread perfect for all your edible gifting.
HOW: Grind up toasted pistachios with cardamom, orange zest, honey, and milk powder, then mix it all with melted white chocolate.
WHY WE LOVE IT: Making nutella from scratch is a lot easier than it sounds -- and we're loving Madhuri Sharma's pistachio and white chocolate combo. Scale the recipe up and make it your new holiday gift tradition; your friends and family will be talking about it for months. —The Editors
Makes 1 pint
- 6 ounces shelled unsalted pistachios
- 12 ounces white chocolate
- 3 ounces pistachio oil
- 1 1/2 ounces milk powder
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 tablespoon orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground cardamom
- Toast the pistachios either in a toaster oven or a dry skillet until shiny and slightly golden then set aside to cool slightly
- Using a double boiler, melt the white chocolate in a large mixing bowl and mix in the honey
- In a large food processor grind the pistachios until powdered then add the orange zest, cardamom and milk powder and pulse a few times to incorporate
- With the processor running slowly drizzle the pistachio oil into the mixture until it resembles a smooth sauce
- Pour the pistachio mixture into the white chocolate and mix until fully incorporated
- Store in an airtight jar
- This recipe is a Wildcard Contest Winner!
- This recipe is a Community Pick!