Author Notes: This cocktail features fall and winter ingredients in a very old style. - pwillen1
Makes 1 4 oz. cocktail.
The Ingredients to Smash
- 2 tablespoons White Corn
- 1 Persimmon slice
- 1 sprig Tarragon
- 1 pinch Coarse sugar such as Turbinado
- 2 shots Aquavit
- 1 shot White Vermouth
- Place Smash Ingredients in shaker tin and muddle aggressively.
- Add Alcohol and shake without ice for 30 seconds
- Add very large ice cubes and shake for 30 seconds.
- Strain into an old fashioned glass and garnish with fresh sprig tarragon and cracked tellicherry pepper (optional).
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Persimmons