If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Canvas colorful, Sweet yet Spicy smooth and silky - Adrian V. Mabon
Serves a moderate size dinner party
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 cups half and half
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 egg yolks
- 3/4 cups Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 cups light brown Sugar
- 1 dash salt
- 2 1/2 cups persimmon puree
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- In a large stock pot bring cream, milk and half and half to a simmer. In a mixing bowl beat yolks to a frothy consistency adding granulated sugar and brown sugar, pureed persimmons and pinch of salt . Using a laddle whisk in hot milk and cream mixture into yolk and sugar mixture tempering egg mixture not to curdle and return to simmering pot of cream and milk mixture stirring continuously over medium heat until the entire mixture coats the back of the spoon just prior to boiling. Pour into a large bowl and refrigerate a few hours to chill or place in large bowl over an ice bath to lower the temperature prior to freezing. Follow your ice cream maker's directions for freezing.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Persimmons