If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: One of the most traditional grilled steaks in Tuscany is the Tagliata Toscana which is basically a simple grilled steak served with fresh rosemary infused olive oil. We also don't season the meat before cooking as it toughens the meat. In Tuscany, the best meat is the Chianina Beef which comes from a breed of cattle that grazes around Siena and Arezzo (Valley of the Chiani - not Chianti). Bistecca Fiorentina is from this breed but is served as a T-bone. Tagliata means cut, hence this meat is grilled and then sliced after it has been cooked and in this case served with a rosemary infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil, as we eat in Tuscany. —Maria Teresa Jorge
- 8 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 thick Center Cut Sirloin steaks 1 1/4 inch thick
- coarse salt
- freshly ground pepper
- Bring the Sirloin steaks to room temperature 1 hour before cooking.
- For the rosemary sauce: Remove the fresh rosemary from the sprigs, wash and pat dry. Put in a pan with the olive oil, heat without letting it boil and remove from the heat. Let infuse for 30 minutes or more.
- Pre-heat the oven grill to 500ºF with the rack on the position nearest to the grill - it needs to pre-heat a minimum of 15 minutes to be really hot.
- Put the broiler pan in the oven to get it hot.
- Broil with the door of the oven slightly open otherwise it will cook the meat with the meat's humidity and it won't have the crispiness of a grilled steak. Depending on how you like your meat, cook for more or less time. Start checking after 5 minutes
- Have ready a cutting board and a good sharp knife.
- Turn the steak over to grill the other side and allow to cook. Remove from the grill, put on the cutting board and slice the steak thinly. Put each sliced steak on warmed serving plates.
- Heat the Infused olive oil without letting it boil.
- Season with salt and fresh ground black pepper.
- Sprinkle the rosemary over the meat and drizzle the hot olive oil over the steak. And as this is a typical Tuscan recipe, serve with sautéed spinach as is the tradition.
No Laffy Matter
How to make peanut butter salt water taffy
How to make salt water taffy.
No-bake desserts are cool.
Free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
The freedom to snack.
We're obsessed: wooden everything.