If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: You know how some recipes start out by accident? Well, I was in the middle of making cranberry sauce when my S.O. called and was lost coming home from a conference in a nearby state. I ran to the computer to get directions, came back to my sauce, and accidentally put in cumin instead of cardamom. Not good, since the sauce was for a cake! I did my best to scoop out the cumin and then I posted on Facebook what had just happened. Everyone reminded me that that might not be such a bad thing! I could just develop it into a sauce with a different flavor profile and serve it in a savory fashion. So I tried it, and it worked. What d'ya know. - Sherry K-Jazzy Gourmet
Makes 1 1/4 cups
- 1 1/2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1/2-1 teaspoons finely minced jalapeno pepper
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon cardamom
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1 diced Fuyu persimmon (about 1/2 cup)
- In a medium saucepan, combine cranberries, jalapeño, water, honey, cumin, cinnamon, cardamom and cloves and bring to a boil. Stirring occasionally, cook for about 8 minutes. Stir in persimmon and cook until mixture starts to thicken, 5-7 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside to cool. Mixture will thicken more as it cools. Serve over cream cheese with crackers or any meat.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Persimmons
Too Many Cooks: Who Has Changed the Way You Cook?
Let's talk game changers and influencers.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Simple, Springy Leek Soup
A well-rounded bud vase.
The Best Cinnamon Rolls