If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 1 3/4 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 3/4 cup Unsalted Butter, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons Water, ice cold
- 1 1/2 pounds Fuyu Persimmons, cut into 1/8 inch thick slices
- 3 tablespoons Sugar, divided: 2 Tbsp and 1Tbsp
- 2 teaspoons Lemon zest, finely grated
- 1/3 cup Apricot preserves
- 1 Egg
- Blend flour and salt. Add butter and blend, until the mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
- Add 2 tablespoons ice water and blend just until dough begins to come together, add more water by teaspoonfuls if dough is too dry.
- Gather dough into ball; flatten into disk. Wrap in plastic and chill for about 1 hour.
- Roll out dough between sheets of parchment paper to 1/8-inch-thick and round. Chill for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Combine together the persimmon slices, 2 tablespoons sugar, and lemon zest in a medium bowl; toss to blend together.
- Spread apricot preserves over crust, leaving 1 1/2-inch border. Arrange persimmon slices in overlapping circles on top of the apricot preserves.
- Whisk egg with a little water to form an egg wash. Fold crust border up over and brush with egg wash. Sprinkle crust edges and persimmon with remaining 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- Bake galette 20 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 375°F and continue baking until the crust is golden, about 20 minutes or longer if necessary.
- Let stand at least 10 minutes. Cut into slices and serve warm or at room temperature with a scoop of ice cream. Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Persimmons
A Money-Saving Kitchen
Yes, it is possible! Let's get organized
Ways to a money-saving kitchen.
The Hudson Valley's where it's at.
Alice Waters's favorite tools.
Cilantro lovers, take note.
Get your shine on.