If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Ok - this is not my recipe. This is pretty much the recipe from the back of plain ol' chocolate bars in France, and honest-to-goodness, it's the one most Parisians use. I swear! It's dead simple to make (the hardest part is remembering to leave the butter out to soften), but it always impresses. My kind of recipe. - erin e k
Makes one big bowl
- 7 ounces dark chocolate (200 g)
- 1/2 stick softened butter
- 6 eggs
- pinches salt
- Melt the chocolate with a spoonful of water. In a pinch (ok, always) I do this in the microwave. Add the butter and mix well.
- Separate egg whites from yellows; add yellows one by one to the chocolate, mixing well after each addition.
- In a separate bowl, whip egg white with a pinch of salt until stiff peaks form. Add egg whites to the chocolate and fold delicately (delicately!) for a light and airy mousse. Under-mix rather than over-mix.
- Chill in the fridge for 2 hours or so and pull out after dinner. Ta-da!