If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The guiltiest pleasure in my family is a giant bowl of mexican restaurant cheese dip. Yes, we consider ourselves conaisseurs, and yes, we are often disappointed by mediocre cheese dip both with recipes and restaurant experiences. I know, I know, its melted down processed cheese, but whatever, its delicious and we all know it. My sister and fellow cheese addict and I have finally made what is for us, the ideal cheese dip, creamy, garlicky, smoky, lightly spicy, and super yummy with homemade tortilla chips.. definitely will be making some for Superbowl Sunday this week! There are ton of versions of this out there, http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Mexican-White-Cheese-DipSauce/, http://www.food.com/recipe/The-Perfect-White-Mexican-Cheese-Dip-160799, etc. but just in case your taste buds are in line with mine and you've been on the search for just the right combo: give it a try! :) —ChefFace
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeno, finely chopped, seeds removed
- 1 small can diced green chiles
- 1/2 cup half and half OR milk
- 8 ounces white american cheese (from the deli, sliced into small 1/2 " sized chunks)
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1. In a medium saucepan, heat butter on medium heat until halfway melted.
- 2. Toss in garlic, jalapeno, and green chiles. Stir, and cook for about 2 minutes or until you can really smell the garlic and jalapeno.
- 3. Stir in the milk or half and half. Begin adding cheese a few pieces at a time, wait until cheese is partially melted before adding more. Once all the cheese is in the saucepan, turn the heat to low and stir in spices. Stir occasionally. Serve once cheese and spices are completely combined. **If the dip is too thick (remember, it will thicken as it cools), you can always add a splash of milk, but you can not take it away once you've made it too runny!
You Pinned, We Listened
This Month's Top 10 Pinterest Recipes
This month's most pinned recipes.
Independence Day, the no-recipe way.
Free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
Just for the halibut.
Savor the season.