Author Notes: After the hurricane when we came down with colds, I had an impulse to make chicken soup. But being congested, I really wanted something I could taste. I always love Asian soups, and a little spice sounded like a great idea. And it was. But next time, I won’t wait to be sick to make this soup. - Meatballs&Milkshakes
- 5 cups chicken stock, homemade or purchased
- 1 package, rice noodles, preferably medium thickness
- 2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1/2 can, coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 limes, zested and juiced
- 3 tablespoons Cilantro, minced
- 2 tablespoons mint, minced
- 1-2 cup shredded rotisserie chicken or roasted chicken
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Saute the curry paste in the oil for a few seconds to infuse the oil. Add the stock, fish sauce, coconut milk, sugar, lime zest and half the juice, and let it come to a boil.
- Add the rice noodles and cook for a few minutes until softened. Add the chicken and allow to warm through.
- Off the heat, add the herbs and the remaining lime juice and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Autumn Soup
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Noodle Soups