If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: After the hurricane when we came down with colds, I had an impulse to make chicken soup. But being congested, I really wanted something I could taste. I always love Asian soups, and a little spice sounded like a great idea. And it was. But next time, I won’t wait to be sick to make this soup. —Meatballs&Milkshakes
- 5 cups chicken stock, homemade or purchased
- 1 package, rice noodles, preferably medium thickness
- 2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1/2 can, coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 limes, zested and juiced
- 3 tablespoons Cilantro, minced
- 2 tablespoons mint, minced
- 1-2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken or roasted chicken
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Saute the curry paste in the oil for a few seconds to infuse the oil. Add the stock, fish sauce, coconut milk, sugar, lime zest and half the juice, and let it come to a boil.
- Add the rice noodles and cook for a few minutes until softened. Add the chicken and allow to warm through.
- Off the heat, add the herbs and the remaining lime juice and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Autumn Soup
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Noodle Soups
Let's Play Gin
It's time for Haiku52
Our haikus about gin.
Food blog links we love.
We've got the summer blues.
Are marinades worth it?
A better basket.