If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A buttery shortbread with a sprinkling of mint tea leaves - CamillaMMann
Makes 2 dozen cookies
- 10 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup packed organic brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons loose leaf mint tea
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 3/4 cups white whole wheat flour
- granulated sugar and more loose leaf mint tea
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Beat the butter and sugar until fluffy. Stir in tea leaves until well combined. Beat in the egg, then carefully fold in the flour.
- Roll the dough into a long cylinder. Flatten the cylinder into a rectangular shape, pressing granulated sugar and more mint leaves into the sides. Put the dough in plastic wrap and chill for about an hour, until the dough is firm enough to slice.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the dough cylinder widthwise into 1/4" slices and place, slightly apart, on the baking sheets. Bake for 15-18 minutes until slightly browned. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Tea
A Better Way to Prepare Asparagus
Plus a genius dressing.
A better way to prepare asparagus.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
Freshen up for spring.
Meat-free Memorial Day recipes.
Drink better coffee.