If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Lady Grey is my very favourite black tea. Its strong and fruity at the same time and is great to wake me up in the morning or after a long day. For this recipe you can use both, Lady or Earl Grey tea, they taste very similar. The combination with lemon zest makes is zingy and fresh, a perfect combination. —Ina
- 200 milliliters milk (I use semi-skimmed)
- 2-3 Earl/Lady Grey teabags
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 4 + 2.7 ounces butter
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 cups icing sugar
- 2 unwaxed lemons (zest and juice)
- Preheat the oven for 180°C/356°F.
- Heat the milk until it is steaming hot, remove from the hob, add the teabags and leave in there for 3 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the butter (4 ounces) with the sugar until creamy. Add the eggs, one at a time and beat it in well.
- Add the flour and milk while whisking.
- Spoon the dough into cup cake cases and bake for about 20 minutes (or until a skewer inserted into the middle of the cupcake comes out clean). Leave to cool down.
- For the icing, beat the butter (2.7 ounces) with icing sugar and lemon juice until smooth.
- Spread out on the cooled down cupcakes. You can keep them in the fridge for a couple of days.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Tea
Let's Play Gin
It's time for Haiku52
Our haikus about gin.
Food blog links we love.
We've got the summer blues.
Are marinades worth it?
A better basket.