If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Brownies and chocolate chip cookies - two of my favorite desserts. The cookie dough bakes just enough to give it a slightly crispy exterior with a chewy center. The chocolate brownie is gooey and full of flavor. The combination of the two textures and flavors is delicious! It is best to make these a day ahead and wrap them in plastic overnight. - Annette@Bake Chocolate Cake
Makes 16 large brownies
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 cup Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 cup Chocolate Chips
- Begin by making the cookie dough. Cream the butter with the sugars and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, salt and baking soda. Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture. Stir in 1 cup chocolate chips.
- Form dough into 1-inch balls and place them on a cookie sheet (16 balls will be used in this recipe). The rest can be saved for later. Place the cookie sheet in the freezer and begin to make the brownies.
- 4 tablespoons Butter
- 1 cup Chocolate Chips
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup Flour
- In a bowl over simmering water melt the butter and the chocolate chips.
- In a separate bowl beat the eggs, sugar and vanilla. When the chocolate is melted and cooled, add it to the egg mixture. Mix in the flour and salt.
- Spread the brownie batter into a 8x8x2 parchment lined pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 10 minutes. (**see below for alternate cooking times)
- Remove the brownies from the oven and very quickly drop in the 16 balls of frozen cookie dough. The balls should be placed in rows of 4 and they should be spaced evenly in the pan.
- Return the pan to the oven and bake for an additional 30 to 35 minutes. The brownie batter should be done when a toothpick inserted into the chocolate batter comes out almost clean.
- Cool the brownies in the pan before cutting.
- When completely cool, cut the brownies into 16 pieces. Wrap each individual brownie in plastic wrap and store in an airtight container.
- **NOTE: If you like the flavor of cookie dough, then do not add the frozen balls of chocolate chip cookie dough until the last 15 minutes of baking.