Author Notes: Chocolate and wine pairings are so popular right now. So I decided to take one of my favorite Cabernets and pair it with a dark chocolate (Godiva is wonderfully creamy). But instead of just eating the chocolate I dipped the rim of the wine glass in it, and drank the cabernet through the chocolate that had melted on my lips....beautiful! PARTY PERFECT! - donnasawyerwow
- 8 ounces Dark Chocolate (your favorite)
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 8 Wine Glasses
- 1 bottle of Cabernet
- In a small, heavy saucepan bring the heavy whipping cream to a simmer (this may take a while, be sure to stir and scrape down the sides with a rubber spatula every few minutes).
- Place the chocolate in a separate metal bowl. Pour the cream over the chocolate, add the vanilla, and allow to stand for a few minutes then stir until smooth.
- Dip the wine glass rim into the ganache and swirl the cup. Repeat until all 8 glasses are dipped. Let the chocolate set for 15-30 minutes.
- Pour the wine in the chocolate dipped glasses and enjoy!