If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Chocolate and wine pairings are so popular right now. So I decided to take one of my favorite Cabernets and pair it with a dark chocolate (Godiva is wonderfully creamy). But instead of just eating the chocolate I dipped the rim of the wine glass in it, and drank the cabernet through the chocolate that had melted on my lips....beautiful! PARTY PERFECT! - Donna Sawyer Celebrating Life & Food
- 8 ounces Dark Chocolate (your favorite)
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 8 Wine Glasses
- 1 bottle of Cabernet
- In a small, heavy saucepan bring the heavy whipping cream to a simmer (this may take a while, be sure to stir and scrape down the sides with a rubber spatula every few minutes).
- Place the chocolate in a separate metal bowl. Pour the cream over the chocolate, add the vanilla, and allow to stand for a few minutes then stir until smooth.
- Dip the wine glass rim into the ganache and swirl the cup. Repeat until all 8 glasses are dipped. Let the chocolate set for 15-30 minutes.
- Pour the wine in the chocolate dipped glasses and enjoy!
Egyptian Street Food at Home
Spend quality time with The Cairo Kitchen.
The Cairo Kitchen
Boost your Bagel
Fire up the grill.
Dipped Walnut Tongs
Portable picnic snacks.