If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The classic sweet and spicy Indian tea, sure to make your home smell fantastic, and the number one way to bribe friends to come over in the wintertime. - One Tough Cookie
- 1 cup milk (or soy milk)
- 1 splash water
- 5 whole cloves
- 5 green cardamom pods
- 5 peppercorns
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 pieces star anise
- 3 pieces allspice
- 1 "thumb" of fresh ginger, sliced
- 1 tablespoon loose-leaf black tea
- 1 tablespoon sugar (or more, to taste)
- Bash all the spices (minus the ginger) in a plastic bag with a rolling pin — or if you want to be classy about it, you can always use a mortar & pestle.
- Place all your ingredients — milk, water, spices (with ginger this time), tea, and sugar — into a large pot.
- Cook on med-high until boiling, then simmer for 5 minutes or until the milk has turned a milky-brown colour, like cafe au lait.
- Strain & sip!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Tea
Why the Simplest Recipes Are Still Worthwhile
Cheer up with chickpeas.
Goya's Balsamic Chickpea Salad
The sun is out: Are you?
It's Snack Time
Gifts for Mother's Day
Good day, sunshine.