If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Inspired by Trader Joe's Mandarin Orange Chicken, this dish is a much-healthier version to make at home! Made with mostly pantry staples and a few fresh ingredients, this stir-fry doesn't cost very much to make. If you'd rather not buy fresh oranges, you can certainly use refrigerated orange juice instead. This dish is spicy, sweet, sour and satisfying. —foxeslovelemons
- 1 1/4 cups orange juice (preferably fresh)
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons sriracha (or more to taste)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Brown rice, white rice or quinoa for serving
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- In small bowl, whisk together orange juice, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, 1 tablespoon oil, sriracha, vinegar, brown sugar, orange zest, and pepper. Place chicken in a large ziploc bag; pour 1/3 cup marinade over chicken. Seal bag and marinate in refrigerator 1 hour.
- Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Heat large skillet or wok over high heat. Add remaining oil. In 2 batches, add chicken and cook each batch 5 to 6 minutes or until chicken is golden brown and has lost its pink color throughout, stirring frequently. Remove chicken from pan.
- Reduce heat to medium-high; add remaining marinade to skillet; heat to boiling. In small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and 1 tablespoon water; whisk into marinade, and boil 1 minute. Return chicken to skillet; cook 1 minute or until heated through. Serve over rice or quinoa, sprinkled with green onions.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chicken
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spicy Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cheap Feast
Have Towel, Will Travel
We give it 8 tentacles up
We give it 8 tentacles up.
A toast to toast.
We're obsessed: wooden everything.
Freestyle berry jam.
Octopi my heart.