If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: As the name implies, my idea for this cocktail popped in my head with an hour left to enter this contest. I had wanted to make a tea cocktail yesterday, but a girl can only test so many cocktails in one evening after supper and bedtime routines for small children. No matter, as a good cocktail is never trouble and you never know when a recipe might strike! The round almost-creaminess of the concentrated jasmine tea percolated on my palate over night and while you may end the evening with one of these, you might like to start the evening with one as well. —gingerroot
Food52 Review: gingerroot's dizzyingly delicious drink is what all cocktails should aspire to. The combination of the floral delicacy of the Jasmine green tea and the kick of ginger liqueur puts a sophisticated layer of flavors on top of vodka, elevating it beyond a mere twist on a martini. Sip it slowly while listening to some vintage jazz. —wssmom
For the cocktail
- 2 ounces vodka
- 1 ounce chilled concentrated jasmine green tea
- 1/2 ounce Domaine De Canton ginger liqueur
- Lime, for a twist
- Fill a cocktail shaker with 4 to 5 ice cubes. Add vodka, green tea, and ginger liqueur. Shake vigorously until shaker is frosty and cold. Strain into a martini glass, and cut a twist of lime over the surface of the drink to get all of the lime oils. Garnish and enjoy.
For concentrated jasmine green tea
- 8 ounces water
- 4 teaspoons jasmine green tea pearls
- Using a thermometer (I used a candy thermometer), heat the water in a small pot to 160° F. Any hotter and your green tea will be bitter. Add jasmine tea, cover pot, remove from heat and steep for 4 minutes. Strain into a small glass jar with a lid. Allow tea to cool a bit before closing lid and refrigerating until chilled. You can easily double or triple this for a crowd.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipes with 5 Ingredients or Fewer
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cocktail
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Tea
Shop at the Food52 Office
We're having a open house!
Shop at the Food52 office.
Trailblazing snacks to pack.
New to the Shop.
(Home) brew on this.
Get whisked away.