If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I was given this recipe at a cookie class at University of St Andrews a little while back. I am not sure where it originally came from but it's REALLY good. Its one of the few times you want the butter to really brown, but avoid burning - Lizziebird
Makes 48-56 cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 2 1/2 cups rolled (old-fashioned) oats, can be blended to a powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 12 ounces chocolate (chips or chopped)
- Place half of the butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Brown the butter until its a hazelnut brown. It will melt, foam up, and then the foam will clear and it will just be clear yellow and bubble a little. Keep an eye on it.
- Once the (whitish) milk solids burn a light brown and the butter smells nutty, remove it from the heat and combine it with the rest of the butter in a large bowl.
- Add the granulated and brown sugar to the bowl with the butter and cream everything together with a wooden spoon or mixer until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, combing well after each addition. Then mix in the vanilla.
- Add the flour, (ground) oatmeal, salt,baking soda, and baking powder and mix just until incorporated. Fold in the chocolate and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 375F or 190C. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Drop rounded heaping teaspoons of dough onto the parchment-lined baking sheet and bake 9-10 minutes. The edges will not be any darker than the centers, so don't worry about pulling them out too early.
- Let then cool for a few minutes and transfer to a cooling rack. ENJOY!
Recipe of the Day
Grilled Brie Sandwiches With Honey, Pistachio, and Kale Pesto
Shop Spring Cleaning
Dumplings, No Recipe Required
Dumplings for one, dumplings for all.
Eclectic Truffle Chocolate Bars
Gluten-Free Strawberry Tart