Author Notes: These sweet treats are a mix between a no bake cookie and a truffle. They are wicked. They are also incredibly simple and you probably already have the ingredients on hand. I kind of just threw some stuff in a pot & it ended up being a new favorite. - we eat. happy.
Makes 16-18 truffles
- 1/2 cup good quality semi-sweet chocolate, chopped into chunks or use chips or 4oz from a bar
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter (I used chunky, but smooth would be fine too)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla
- a pinch of sea salt (if your peanut butter is not salted)
- 1 1/4 cup of unsweetened shredded coconut (desiccated), + more rolling, but this is optional
- In a medium sized pot, over medium low heat, melt chocolate, pb, syrup, cocoa, vanilla & sea salt. Once the everything is melted and combined (about 3-4 minutes), take off the heat & stir in the coconut.
- It will be a bit thick. Let it cool for a minute. Then, using your hands form TBL sized balls. If you want, you can roll in extra coconut. I like it either way, Jediah prefers it without...so you decide.
- Cool in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes. Keep stored in the refrigerator in an air tight container.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!