If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These sweet treats are a mix between a no bake cookie and a truffle. They are wicked. They are also incredibly simple and you probably already have the ingredients on hand. I kind of just threw some stuff in a pot & it ended up being a new favorite. - we eat. happy.
Makes 16-18 truffles
- 1/2 cup good quality semi-sweet chocolate, chopped into chunks or use chips or 4oz from a bar
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter (I used chunky, but smooth would be fine too)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla
- a pinch of sea salt (if your peanut butter is not salted)
- 1 1/4 cup of unsweetened shredded coconut (desiccated), + more rolling, but this is optional
- In a medium sized pot, over medium low heat, melt chocolate, pb, syrup, cocoa, vanilla & sea salt. Once the everything is melted and combined (about 3-4 minutes), take off the heat & stir in the coconut.
- It will be a bit thick. Let it cool for a minute. Then, using your hands form TBL sized balls. If you want, you can roll in extra coconut. I like it either way, Jediah prefers it without...so you decide.
- Cool in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes. Keep stored in the refrigerator in an air tight container.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!