If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: On my first visit to my late husband,'s home town, I fell in love with the Brunswick stew seved at his cousin's BBQ restaurant. Later, on a visit, his cousin Mamie gave me her home style recipe. It is the easiest way I know to feed a pretty large group with a minimum outlay and always garners compliments. - Latetotheparty
- Chicken in pieces
- water just to cover
- handfuls half shredded green cabbage
- one thin sliced russet potato
- large can tomatoes
- can baby lima beans
- can corn kernels
- can creamed corn
- teaspoons bacon fat (optional)
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a large stockpot just cover chicken and cook through then remove cool and shred
- add potato and simmer until cooked
- add cabbage and simmer
- put chicken back in
- Add can of tomato with liquied crushing the tomato
- Add beans and corn kernels along with seasoning
- Just before serving stir in creamed corn and serve with coleslaw and biscuits or hush puppies.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cheap Feast
Our herbs could use a helping hand.
When I dip, you dip, we dip.
Time to Celebrate!
Food52 takes home the gold.
Lamb and Sweet Potato Stew
Recipe of the Day
Caramelized Sauerkraut With Prunes, Herbs, and Honey