Author Notes: I don't eat out a lot so these I make for my lunches ahead, pretty clean eating life style. Even though most my recipes don't show it. Lol - ZombieCupcake
Serves 4 to 6
- 1 pound Lean ground turkey
- 1/2 Medium Onion Chopped
- 1/2 Medium Red bell Pepper Chopped
- 1/4 cup Mushrooms Chopped (your choice I like baby bells or shiitake)
- 1 tablespoon Red Thai Curry
- 1/2 teaspoon Paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes: optional
- 1/2 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper: optional
- 1/3 cup Water
- In one large bowl mix by hand the meat, vegetables, and spices. Form four to six patties.
- Place water in the pan making sure you have a lid big enough to cover selected pan.
- Place all preformed patties in the pan with the stove at medium heat. Giving them about 5 - 10 minutes the exposed side of the burger should start to appear gray. (If you do not have a pan large enough to do this, change measurement to 1/2 cup only putting 1/4 cup of water.)
- Flip covering for another 5 minutes. Once done uncover turning the heat to medium high, letting the water evaporate give burgers another minute or two per side to form a light crust and lock the juices in.
- Note: Personally I like to have these with horseradish or a spicy honey/mayo mustard on a whole wheat bun, spinach, tomato and onion.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spicy Recipe