If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Who doesn't love a stack of pancakes? These healthy, totally gluten-free and vegan ones really hit the spot. Instead of just throwing some sliced bananas on top of these flapjacks, we incorporated banana right into the batter making them both tender and incredibly flavorful. —Weird & Ravenous
Serves 2 (easily multiplied!)
- 1 banana, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup cup all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 1/4 cup almond flour (sometimes labeled ‘almond meal’)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- A pinches of salt
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Maple syrup for serving
- Combine the banana and the almond milk in a blender and puree until smooth. Pour the mixture into a bowl and stir in the flours, baking powder and salt.
- Heat up the coconut oil in a nonstick skillet set over medium heat. Working in batches if necessary, spoon in the batter (we like small ‘silver dollar pancakes,’ which are each about 2 tablespoons worth of batter). Cook the pancakes until nicely browned, about 2 minutes on each side. Transfer the pancakes to warm plates and serving with plenty of maple syrup.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
This May Be the Best Thing You Can Do with Zucchini
A genius make-ahead summer side
A genius zucchini dish.
Hot dogs made better.
Your poolside essentials.
Is your cilantro contaminated?