Author Notes: At a certain worldwide fast food chain that shall remain nameless they serve a breakfast sandwich that is the sole reason for me ever going there. Fortunately very few of the chains restaurants even serve breakfast in Denmark, so I eat there very rarely. And now I don't have to, they are easy to make with a bit of planning ahead. - Andreadoria56
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1 teaspoon ground sage
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground fennel
Put it together
- 4 English muffins toasted
- 4 slices of cheddar cheese
- 4 eggs overeasy
- In the evening mix the meat and the spices and let it rest in the fridge overnight.
- Form the meat into patties and gently fry them on both sides for at least 6 minutes until cooked through.
- Fry the eggs - if you want an orderly sandwich use a form.
- Toast the English muffins lightly. Either use store bought English or bake them yourself. I did the latter and it was totally worth the effort. I used this recipe from Michael Ruhlman and used live yeast 17 grams in total: http://www.ruhlman.com/2010/12/english-muffins-recipe/