If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is one of the first recipes I ever cooked using the new potatoes from my garden. I used Russian Banana's and boy did it make them shine. I still use this recipe often. It is a standard, it's easy and delicious with all kinds of other dishes. - thirschfeld
- 6 to 8 cippolini or pearl onions, peeled and trimmed, root left intact to hold it together
- 12 to 16 fingerling potatoes, scrubbed and rinsed
- 3 to 6 garlic cloves, peeled, the number depends on their size and if they are large cut them in half
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 bay leaves
- 10 or so sprigs of thyme
- Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper
- Heat the oven to 325? F. In a mixing bowl toss the potatoes, garlic and onions with the softened butter making sure to give them all a good coating. Season them with salt and pepper.
- Place them into a oven proof gratin dish and top them with the thyme and bay leaves. Add the balsamic and cover tightly with foil,
- Bake the potatoes for 2 hours. Every thirty minutes remove the foil, stir to coat, then put the foil back on and continue to bake until the everything is dark and mysterious from the balsamic glaze. Serve.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
How to Judge a Person by Their Ice Cream Choice
Are you a King Cone or a Klondike Bar?
Choose your ice cream wisely.
Brown butter Nutella skillet cookie.
Fire up the grill.
Festive Felt Barbecue Banners
Portable picnic snacks.