If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is the "mac and cheese" my Dad made when we were kids. Balkan cheese, long tube pasta, eggs and milk baked and then cut in squares with a knife for serving. Not traditional but extremely good! And as Tom says...good for breakfast, lunch or dinner! - inpatskitchen
Makes 6 to 8 servings
- 1 pound bucatini pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 4 cups shredded Kashkaval cheese (or Kasseri for a milder flavor)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2/3 cup crumbled Feta cheese
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Actually, over cook it by a minute or two. Drain, return to the pot and stir in the olive oil until the pasta is coated.
- Coat a 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray and pour in the pasta.
- Whisk the eggs and milk together and stir in the Kashkaval and black pepper. Pour the mixture over the pasta and sprinkle the Feta over the top.
- Bake in a preheated 350F oven for 30 to 40 minutes or until the eggs are set and the pasta gets a bit crunchy on top.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cheap Feast