Author Notes: This is the "mac and cheese" my Dad made when we were kids. Balkan cheese, long tube pasta, eggs and milk baked and then cut in squares with a knife for serving. Not traditional but extremely good! And as Tom says...good for breakfast, lunch or dinner! - inpatskitchen
Makes 6 to 8 servings
- 1 pound bucatini pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 4 cups shredded Kashkaval cheese (or Kasseri for a milder flavor)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2/3 cups crumbled Feta cheese
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Actually, over cook it by a minute or two. Drain, return to the pot and stir in the olive oil until the pasta is coated.
- Coat a 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray and pour in the pasta.
- Whisk the eggs and milk together and stir in the Kashkaval and black pepper. Pour the mixture over the pasta and sprinkle the Feta over the top.
- Bake in a preheated 350F oven for 30 to 40 minutes or until the eggs are set and the pasta gets a bit crunchy on top.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cheap Feast