If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I found this recipe when I was making corned beef for a crowd (about 60 people) a few years back. It's easy, very tasty and can be adapted to feed more St. Pat's day revelers. —CookOnTheFly
- 1 corned beef brisket - about 3-5 lbs.
- 2 bottles of Harp, or other Irish lager
- 1 handful of garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons black peppercorns, left whole
- 1/2 tablespoon Pickling Spice (or just use the spice packet that comes with the corned beef
- Pour one bottle of beer into a crockpot. Throw in the garlic cloves, and the spices.
- Place corned beef brisket in the crockpot. Pour the second beer over the brisket.
- Turn on the crockpot to "Low" for 10-12 hours. Half-way through the cooking process, turn the brisket over.
- Slice or shred the corned beef and serve hot. Makes excellent sandwiches.
Shop at the Food52 Office
We're having a open house!
Shop at the Food52 office.
Trailblazing snacks to pack.
New to the Shop.
(Home) brew on this.
It's in the bag.