Author Notes: I found this recipe when I was making corned beef for a crowd (about 60 people) a few years back. It's easy, very tasty and can be adapted to feed more St. Pat's day revelers. - CookOnTheFly
- 1 corned beef brisket - about 3-5 lbs.
- 2 bottles of Harp, or other Irish lager
- 1 handful of garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons black peppercorns, left whole
- 1/2 tablespoon Pickling Spice (or just use the spice packet that comes with the corned beef
- Pour one bottle of beer into a crockpot. Throw in the garlic cloves, and the spices.
- Place corned beef brisket in the crockpot. Pour the second beer over the brisket.
- Turn on the crockpot to "Low" for 10-12 hours. Half-way through the cooking process, turn the brisket over.
- Slice or shred the corned beef and serve hot. Makes excellent sandwiches.