Author Notes: Variation on several recipes found on the internet. - SUSAN H
- 1 cup Kosher salt
- 6 lemons, thin skinned
- 1 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- boiling water
- 1 glass jar, canning or other attractive, heat resistant glass jar
- Scrub lemons. Cut through into quarters, leaving the base intact.
- Pack the salt into the cut center of the lemons.
- Place the lemons into the jar. Depending on the shape of the jar and the size of the lemons, not all six may fit. They should be really close.
- Pour in the lemon juice. If necessary top with boiling water to within 1/4 inch of the top. Use a knife to eliminate any air pockets. Tighten the lid.
- Store in a cool, dark place for three weeks. Check occasionally and shake gently. Once opened, store in the refrigerator.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Edible Gift