If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Variation on several recipes found on the internet. —SUSAN H
- 1 cup Kosher salt
- 6 lemons, thin skinned
- 1 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- boiling water
- 1 glass jar, canning or other attractive, heat resistant glass jar
- Scrub lemons. Cut through into quarters, leaving the base intact.
- Pack the salt into the cut center of the lemons.
- Place the lemons into the jar. Depending on the shape of the jar and the size of the lemons, not all six may fit. They should be really close.
- Pour in the lemon juice. If necessary top with boiling water to within 1/4 inch of the top. Use a knife to eliminate any air pockets. Tighten the lid.
- Store in a cool, dark place for three weeks. Check occasionally and shake gently. Once opened, store in the refrigerator.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Edible Gift
Toppings That Are out of the Park
How to make one haute dog
Out of the park toppings.
Life's a beach.
It's time to travel.
Food blog links we love.
Put cake on a pedestal.