Author Notes: Thin shaved radish and fennel tossed with pomegranate seeds on a bed of spinach and arugula with a Dijon vinaigrette. - Marie Lentz
- 2 Fennel bulb
- 10 Smaller red radishes
- 1 Small red onion
- 2 cups Spinach and arugula mix
- 1 Medium pomegranate worth of seeds
- 2 tablespoons Whole seed organic Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons Shallot, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Agave nectar
- 1/2 teaspoon Real Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Tellicherry black pepper
- 1/2 cup Golden balsamic vinegar
- 2/3 cups Extra virgin olive oil
- Wash and pat dry salad greens. Place in bowl.
- Using a potato peeler or a fine slice mandolin shave slices of radish, red onion, and fennel into a bowl. These should be thin enough to be translucent.
- Remove seeds from pomegranate and add to bowl.
- Whisk all ingredients for dressing in separate bowl and pour over salad.
- Toss salad, season with salt and pepper to taste and enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fennel