If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These are a perfect party snack, and they are much easier to make then you would think. I used a store-bought rotisserie chicken, so there was no cooking at all involved to make the filling. My unique little twist on these was making a coriander chutney sour cream. Coriander chutney is found in the Indian section of the ethnic foods aisle of my grocery store. It tastes like cumin and cilantro, and is a little bit spicy on it's own, but it mellows when you mix it into something else (like sour cream!) —foxeslovelemons
Makes 24 taquitos
Chicken & Green Chile Taquitos
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- Chicken pulled from 1 rotisserie chicken (about 3 cups)
- 1-1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 8 ounces chopped green chiles, drained
- 3/4 cup fresh corn kernels or frozen corn (thawed)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce (I used La Victoria Salsa Brava)
- 1 tablespoon Mexican seasoning
- canola oil, for frying
- 25 (5-1/2") corn tortillas
Coriander-Sour Cream Dipping Sauce
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons coriander chutney
- Alternative Dipping Sauces: sour cream, salsa, hot sauce and/or guacamole
- Make Taquitos: In large bowl, microwave cream cheese 30 - 45 seconds or until very soft. Stir in chicken, lime juice, chiles, corn, cilantro, hot sauce and Mexican seasoning. Makes about 1 quart filling.
- Heat about 1/2" oil in frying pan over medium-high heat.. One at a time, fry each tortilla for 3 seconds per side or until softened. You don't want the tortillas to get crispy at all here, so make sure you cook them quickly, only until they are just softened.
- On one half of each tortilla, spread about 2-1/2 tablespoons chicken filling, and roll up taquito. In batches, re-fry taquitos for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes or until browned and crisp on all sides. Drain on paper towels.
- Make Coriander-Sour Cream Dipping Sauce: In small bowl, stir together sour cream and coriander chutney. Serve taquitos with dipping sauce(s).
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Hors d'Oeuvre
Give Peas a Chance
Pea guacamole and other offensive foods
Warning: You might be offended.
Burnt Toast: Episode 9
Savor the season.
The freedom to snack.