If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Warm and creamy fruit fillings with a crispy and chewy sugar cookie lid. —Mandy @ Lady and pups
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 small egg, or 2/3 large egg
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 500 gram of strawberries
- 8 tablespoons creme fraiche
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- Make the lid: With a wooden spoon or whisk, stir the unsalted butter, sugar, brown sugar and lemon zest together vigorously. You can of course do this with a handheld mixer which I assume is much easier. Then stir in the lemon juice and egg and whisk until fully incorporated. Add the flour, baking soda and salt. Stir the dough together until everything is thoroughly incorporated. Cover the dough with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for 30 min.
- To bake: Preheat the oven on 350ÂºF/ 175ÂºC. Cut the strawberry into halves or quarters depending on the size. The chunks should stay nice and large so they donâ€™t completely disappear during baking. Mix the strawberries with creme fraiche, sugar and lemon juice. Divide the mixture into 4 small ramekins preferably with diameters no bigger than 3.5â€³/9 cm, and fill them up to 90% full. Prepare 2 tbsp of powdered sugar in a bowl. Take a large ice-cream scoop and tightly pack it with the chilled cookie dough. Drop it in the powdered sugar and roll it to evenly dust the surface. Use your hand to press the dough down to a thick disk that fits the diameter of the ramekins. Place the cookie disk on top of the filling and press lightly around the edges to make sure the dough covers the entire ramekins. Repeat with the other three. You can also keep all the components in the fridge and make one single serving at a time as needed. Bake in the oven on 350ÂºF/ 175ÂºC for 15 min, then lower the temperature down to 320ÂºF/ 160ÂºC and bake for another 10~15 min until the cookie top is golden brown and puffed. Dust with powdered sugar and serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Buckle, Slump, Grunt, Crumble, Cobbler, Crisp, Sonker, Pandowdy, and/or Betty