If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is delicious. This is our go to holiday cocktail for parties. I also make this as a gift to friends and clients every year and it has developed quite the following! It is a great gift served in glass jars or milk bottles and tied with a beautiful piece of ribbon. Milk punch can make anyone merry!
The cinnamon syrup can be made ahead and stored for up to a month in the fridge- I usually make a double batch and use leftover in lattes. —SouthernLuna
Serves 1 quart
New Orleans Style Milk Punch
- 2 1/2 cups 2% or whole milk
- 1/2 cup Cinnamon simple syrup ( see recipe below)
- 2/3 cup Good quality bourbon
- 1/3 cup Brandy
- 1 teaspoon Freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Good quality vanilla extract
- Add all ingedients to a large bowl (preferably with a pouring spout).
- Whisk to combine.
- Pour into preferred serving vessel and enjoy!
Cinnamon simple syrup
- 1 cup Water
- 1 cup Sugar
- 4- 4inch pieces Cinnamon sticks
- In a saucepan, bring all ingedients to a simmer over medium low heat.
- Simmer for about 5 min., or until syrup begins to turn clear.
- Turn off heat and allow syrup to steep with the cinnamon sticks for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove cinnamon sticks and allow it to come to room temp before using. Chill in fridge after it has cooled.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Holiday Punch
More Great Recipes: Boozy Drinks
Recipe of the Day
Look at those grill marks
Recipe of the Day
Take care of your cutting boards.
Alice Waters's favorite tools.
Genius recipes for a genius Labor Day.
Get your shine on.