Author Notes: This is delicious. This is our go to holiday cocktail for parties. I also make this as a gift to friends and clients every year and it has developed quite the following! It is a great gift served in glass jars or milk bottles and tied with a beautiful piece of ribbon. Milk punch can make anyone merry!
The cinnamon syrup can be made ahead and stored for up to a month in the fridge- I usually make a double batch and use leftover in lattes. - SouthernLuna
Serves 1 quart
New Orleans Style Milk Punch
- 2 1/2 cups 2% or whole milk
- 1/2 cup Cinnamon simple syrup ( see recipe below)
- 2/3 cups Good quality bourbon
- 1/3 cup Brandy
- 1 teaspoon Freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Good quality vanilla extract
- Add all ingedients to a large bowl (preferably with a pouring spout).
- Whisk to combine.
- Pour into preferred serving vessel and enjoy!
Cinnamon simple syrup
- 1 cup Water
- 1 cup Sugar
- 4- 4inch pieces Cinnamon sticks
- In a saucepan, bring all ingedients to a simmer over medium low heat.
- Simmer for about 5 min., or until syrup begins to turn clear.
- Turn off heat and allow syrup to steep with the cinnamon sticks for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove cinnamon sticks and allow it to come to room temp before using. Chill in fridge after it has cooled.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Holiday Punch