If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Our family loves a a sprinkling of granola over yogurt every day, so my daughter and I are always playing with different flavors and ingredients.. this is one of our new favorites! With love, Smidge | from Just a Smidgen's kitchen xo —Just a Smidgen
Makes about 16 cups
- 3 cups old-fashioned large flake rolled oats
- 1 cup wheat germ
- 1/2 cup oat bran
- 1/2 cup wheat bran
- 2 1/2 cups all bran flakes
- 2 cups bran buds
- 1 1/2 cups Kashi 7 Whole Grain Cereal
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups dried cherries
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the oats through to the cocoa powder. Stir or use hands to mix thoroughly.
- In a pot over medium heat, melt the butter until it lightly browns, then add the brown sugar, water and vanilla. Simmer until the brown sugar has melted.
- Pour the liquid over the dry ingredients. Put everything in a large roasting pan that has been sprayed with Pam.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes for a softer textured granola, 30 minutes to make it crunchy. *Stir every 10 minutes to ensure all of the granola browns evenly.
- Remove from heat and stir in dried cherries.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Cereal
Put Summer in a Jar
How to freestyle berry jam
Freestyle berry jam.
A toast to toast.
We're obsessed: wooden everything.
The new Food52 office.
Octopi my heart.