If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A deliciously light fish taco topped with a cabbage slaw, creamy slivers of avocado, and a cilantro lime mayo that is totally to die for. Use any white fish you like. These are life changing. - Amanda Shulman
- 4 filets of a white fish (cod, tilapia, mahi mahi, halibut)
- 1 vidalia onion, roughly chopped
- 1 bunch cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 handful cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 green onions, diced
- 1/2 cup red cabbage
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- corn tortillas
- Put the fish filets in a large plastic bag. Add the onion, the juice of 2 limes, the olive oil, the cilantro leaves and a generous amount of salt. Shake the bag gently, making sure to coat the fish. Marinate the fish for 30 minutes to 3 hours in the fridge.
- When ready to cook the fish, preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Heat a little olive oil in a large skillet and bring to a high heat. Remove the filets from the marinade, SAVE THE MARINADE, and pan sear each side for about 3 minutes.
- Transfer the filets to a casserole/baking dish. Cover the filets with the marinade, onions included, and put in oven. Bake at 400 for about 12 minutes, then turn the heat to broil and broil until the fish starts to brown and get a little crispy. Remove once crisped to your liking.
- For the sauce: Whisk the mayo, handful of cilantro leaves, green onions and juice of 2 limes together. Add salt to taste. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Slaw: Thinly slice the cabbage into strips. Toss with juice of 1/2 a lime and salt, refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Assembly: Warm your corn tortillas in the microwave for about 30 seconds. Top with a good hunk of fish, the slaw, some fresh avocado and a big dollop of the sauce. ENJOY.
12 Make-Ahead Egg Dishes for Easter Brunch
Hop to it!
Winner of Your Best Recipe with Honey
A sweet Q&A with Alexandra Higgins.
Style with a breeze.
Watch Amanda and Merrill Make Macaroni and Cheese Without a Recipe
Gouda riddance to powdered cheese.
Cauliflower Gratin With Mornay Sauce