If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Fish tacos just got an upgrade! Strips of salmon filet cook up quickly in a large skillet, then are tossed in a bright pan sauce made with mustard, lemon juice, and pomegranate molasses. Cucumber, avocado, and briefly steamed snow peas join the fish in phulka roti wraps for a light and satisfying spring dinner. Serve with Sauvignon Blanc and enjoy!! ;o) —AntoniaJames
- 1 1/2 pounds skinned salmon filet, patted dry and cut crosswise into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 medium cucumber
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley leaves
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 2 small avocados
- Juice of two small lemons
- A big handful snow peas (25 to 30), trimmed
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pomegranate molasses
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 to 12 phulka roti (Sprouted multigrain or whole wheat tortillas work well, too.)
- Remove the skin, if necessary, and thoroughly pat dry the salmon filet. Turn it so the side where the skin was is facing up. Using a sharp knife, cut the filet crosswise into 1 1/2 inch slices. Lightly salt it.
- Peel the cucumber, halve it lengthwise, then scoop out the seeds, using a sharp spoon or the edge of a melon baller. Cut into 1/4-inch slices; toss with the parsley and vinegar.
- Peel and thinly slice the avocados. Sprinkle with about a third of the lemon juice and very gently toss.
- Use a small fork to beat the mustard, remaining lemon juice, and pomegranate molasses in a small bowl until combined.
- Heat a large skillet -- one with a good lid -- over medium high heat until hot. Add 1/4 cup of water and the snow peas and immediately cover. Allow to steam for about 45 seconds, then immediately remove the snow peas and spread them out on a plate to cool.
- Cook or heat your roti or tortillas, then keep them covered in a large bowl or tortilla warmer. My favorite way to cook 6 or 8 phulka roti is to put them on a super hot pizza stone in a 425 degree oven and bake for about 4 minutes, flipping them over after 3 minutes.
- Rinse and lightly wipe the skillet. Heat it again over medium heat until a drop of water bounces when it hits the hot surface. Add the oil, which should thin out immediately. Then add the salmon slices, with the side on which the skin was facing down. (Flip the cutting board over. Don't worry if a few land on their sides. Just leave them alone.)
- Turn the heat to medium, cover and cook for no more than a minute, without touching the fish.
- Remove the lid, turn the heat up and flip the slices over. Immediately add the sauce ingredients and tilt the pan to distribute the sauce. Allow it to cook down (it should take about fifteen seconds) then gently toss the salmon in the sauce to coat. Don't worry if some of the salmon breaks apart.
- Fill the roti or tortillas with the salmon, cucumbers, snow peas, and avocado.
- Serve with a crisp Sauvignon Blanc.
- Enjoy!! ;o)
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
How to Eat Cookies for Breakfast
Well, cookie butter that is
Eat cookies for breakfast.
Did you say vacation or cocktail?
It's time to travel.
The sauce savior.
Put cake on a pedestal.