If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Hara Masala Pomfret is a cilantro based Indian green curry. Not only is it healthy and simple to make, but it's inexpensive and easy to adapt to what you have on hand in the kitchen. Serve over a bowl of warm rice for a delicious belly-warming comfort food. - Commandrea
- 30 ounces Tilapia, or other white fish fillets, cut into 2" pieces
- 2 bunches Fresh coriander/cilantro
- 3 Peeled diced potatoes, partially cooked
- 8 peeled garlic cloves
- 1 medium onion
- 2-5 Fresh green chilies
- 2 Inches of fresh peeled ginger
- 2 tablespoons Coriander seeds (or sub 1 TBSP lemon zest)
- 1.5 tablespoons Turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon Salt, to taste
- Cooking oil
- 4 cups Cooked Jasmine or Basmati rice
- First, blend the coriander seeds and the turmeric in a blender (a food processor works even better). Blend until the seeds are reasonably pulverized.
- You need about 2" of ginger. It's easy to peel by scraping with a spoon. Throw it in the blender along with the chilies and a TBSP of salt.
- I used about 8 cloves of garlic. You can peel garlic quickly by holding the clove at each end and twisting in opposite directions. The papery jacket slides right off, if you're lucky. Next, coarsely chop a whole onion and throw it and the now nude garlic into the blender and blend away.
- Now you are going to cram two bunches of fresh coriander/cilantro, stems and leaves, into the blender. Do a handful at a time. You might/will need to add a bit of water. Try a TBSP or so at a time until things get going. Once everything looks fairly smooth, turn off the blender.
- In a pot, add a bit of cooking oil (2 TBSPs tops) turn heat up to medium. Pour your masala paste into the pot and bring to a low boil for about a minute. If you want to add any veggies, I suggest par-cooking them first. I used potatoes. Throw them in the pot until they are almost done.
- Begin to add your fish. I used tilapia cut into 2" pieces. Just drop them in and make sure they are covered well with the sauce. Put the lid on and let cook for about 5 minutes, or until the fish is cooked through. Serve over a bowl of rice and watch in amazement the amazement of others that you actually made this and not only is it edible, it's really quite delicious.
How to Judge a Person by Their Ice Cream Choice
Are you a King Cone or a Klondike Bar?
Choose your ice cream wisely.
Brown butter Nutella skillet cookie.
Fire up the grill.
Festive Felt Barbecue Banners
Portable picnic snacks.