Author Notes: Ok, so it's not really a recipe, but it makes me feel so "rich" and so full of bounty that I had to share! This is my daughter-in-law Susie's invention. It's a never-ending source of wonderfully scented and flavored anise like vinegar. - ntt2
Makes as much as your jar will hold
- Apple cider vinegar - enough to almost fill whatever size jar you're using
- Tarragon - big bunches in late spring early summer and more during year
- Fill your jar almost to the top with apple cider vinegar.
- Add bunches of tarragon in late spring and early summer.
- Add more tarragon during the year when you have extra.
- Use frequently and copiously.
- Come late spring, strain the vinegar and toss out the old tarragon.
- Start from second step again and top off vinegar if needed.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Vinegar