Author Notes: When the stress of the holidays has you joking about putting a gun to your head, STOP, take a deep breath, and reach for a different kind of Bulleit, a kinder and gentler kind of Bulleit. Just a few sips of this “Crimson Bulleit Punch”, and you’ll be channeling Burl Ives as you sing out a round of “Holly Jolly Christmas”. Really, I'm not kidding.
This elixir has everything I look for in a holiday punch, a delicious ruby red color, the effervescence of champagne, a hint of ginger spice, and enough sweetness (but not too much) to coax this rather potent punch down with ease.
I’ve written the recipe in “parts” equivalents, so that you can easily make it by the punch bowl, or cocktail shaker quantities. If served in a punch bowl, I’d recommend making an ice ring to keep it chilled, in which you could freeze fresh cranberries and pomegranate arils.
Cheers! - Oui, Chef
Food52 Review: We first made this punch exactly as written, shaking it all together in a cocktail mixer. It was a fine thing, heavy on the bourbon straight from the nose to the finish, boozy and big. - Jenny - Jestei
- 2 parts - Bulleit Bourbon
- 2 parts - Cranberry Pomegranate Juice
- 1/2 part - Domaine de Canton Ginger Liquer
- 2 parts - Champagne
- Lime slices
- Ice ring for punch bowl quantity, shaken with ice for individual servings
- Combine all ingredients in a punch bowl, adding the champagne just before party time to better maintain its sparkle. Ladle chilled punch into glasses, garnish with a slice of lime and start singing with Burl.