If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is the perfect side dish to any warm weather grilling dish. Steak, fish, burgers or kebobs are all wonderful complements to this versatile and bright side dish. Par-boil yukon gold slices in salt-n-vinegar bath. Grill them for a bit of char. Finish them off with a drizzle of fruity olive oil, sea salt & a healthy glug of vinegar (red wine/ malt/ apple cider - whatever works)! —walrusgumbo
- 2-3 cups Vinegar (red wine/ malt/ apple cider/ white)
- 6 Yukon Gold Potatoes
- Olive Oil
- Get your grill nice and hot first thing!
- Wash and scrub the potatoes. Slice them into 1/4" slices (using a mandoline if desired).
- Add the potato slices to a pot and add enough vinegar to almost cover the potatoes as well as a sprinkling of salt. Bring the vinegary brine to a boil and let simmer 4 minutes. Drain potatoes and pat dry.
- Drizzle the potatoes with some oil and then grill on clean grates on medium heat about 2 minutes per side (until you have nice grill marks).
- Finish with a splash of vinegar, a drizzle of oil, some nice flaky salt and fresh cracked pepper. Serve these babies hot and fresh.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Vinegar
Orange You Glad?
A better, more carrot-y carrot cake
A more carrot-y carrot cake.
Alice Waters's favorite tools.
Meet beaver tails.
Get your shine on.