If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I gave these burgers an Asian flair reminiscent of bahn mi but with my own touch. I make a sauce that is used both in the burgers and as a glaze and top it with a crunchy, tangy slaw made with cucumbers, carrots and scallions and dressed simply with a rice wine vinegar dressing. - sdebrango
Serves 4-6 (depends on serving size)
Slaw and dressing
- 2 kirby cucumbers julienned
- 1 medium size carrot julienned
- 2 scallion chopped using the whole scallion
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- zest of half a lime
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- splash of sriracha
- pinch of sea salt and pepper to taste
Sauce/Glaze and burgers
- 2 tablespoons hoisin
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons fresh grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 pound ground pork
- 2 scallions chopped white and light green parts
- 3 tablespoons the sauce you made
- black pepper (to taste)
- soft buns (I used brioche)
- butter for the buns
- Place the prepared vegetables in a bowl, whisk all the ingredients together for the dressing and pour over the vegetables, toss to combine,season with salt and pepper, cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Whisk all ingredients for the sauce together and set aside.
- Mix the pork, scallions, pepper and sauce together. I did not season with salt. the sauce added enough salt for my taste. Shape into patties and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Heat grill pan on stove top or fire up the barbie. Brush one side of the pattie with the sauce and place on hot grill, brush the other side. Grill to desired doneness, I found it took about 3 minutes per side
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Vinegar
How to Judge a Person by Their Ice Cream Choice
Are you a King Cone or a Klondike Bar?
Choose your ice cream wisely.
Brown butter Nutella skillet cookie.
Fire up the grill.
Festive Felt Barbecue Banners
Portable picnic snacks.